Friday, July 2, 2010

Feedback from the Chicken & Gardening Class

So Noah says to  Ralph and me this morning, "Do you know that eggs come out of chickens' butts?" 
After I blankly stared at him for a good 5 seconds, I asked him "What else did you learn in class yesterday?" 
Noah responded "We learned a lot about chickens and recycling.  Recycling is really good for us and the ground.
"We build a fountain."  Noah paces for a moment then adds, "We talked more about recycling stuff and how chickens help the gardens.  Mom, did you know that if we didn't have gardens we would die!"  (Hey the next time you see me, ask me how difficult it was to keep a dead pan face while my Noah is staring me in the eyes, while nodding his head.)
Before I dropped Noah off at Grandma's this morning, I caught Noah walking around like a chicken going "Pluck pluck, pluck pluck..."
I would like to thank Elaine, Mark and Brook for leaving a lasting impression on Noah and challenging my commitment to motherhood. Priceless!
Thanks!
Elien


Dear Brook, Elaine, and Mark,

I asked Matthew how his day went a couple of times after picking him up and all I got was a short: "It was great..."

After dinner I sat down with him as he played with his Legos and he said he was building his own Legoland. Mind that: in this Legoland there is a lego factory that reuses the stuff that they build legos with: old plastic stuff comes in and new legos come out. The solar powered factory is built with recycled cans and bottles and they are having a Green Day where all who bring their own cups can get soda cheaper - "Like at Starbucks" (I didn't know that, myself...)! In this Legoland there are some homeless people but they get lots of help from the people who are not homeless.

So, I gather that the day went GREAT!

Thank you for trowing the seeds of your passion into the fertile soil of our kids' minds and hearts!

Soraya  

No comments: